Book: Confessions of a Flight Attendant09/07/2014
by Owen Beddall with Libby Harkness | 18 July 2014 | RRP$37.99 | Penguin Random House
Want to know what really happens on an aeroplane?
Let’s go behind the scenes and fly high with these tall tales and gossip from the galley!
Everyone wants to be a flight attendant, or at least they want to know about the cushy lifestyle they lead – flying to exotic destinations, swanning about in five-star hotels, daytime lazing around the pool and night-time tabletop dancing with Bollywood stars. At last the lid is lifted. Come on board a real airline with a real first-class flight attendant and find out what really goes on.
In Confessions of a Qantas Flight Attendant – True Tales and Gossip from the Galley, Owen Beddall dishes the first-class dirt – he tells you the things you always wanted to know (and maybe a few things you didn’t) about the glamorous world of flying, including:
• What really goes on behind that curtain…
• The gay culture – “It was one of the only jobs in the world that was completely ‘gay friendly’.”
• His most horrendous flight – Owen surprised his boyfriend by working his flight, only to be surprised himself when Toby walked on board with his wife!
• His many mishaps, including breaking his jaw in London, being bitten by snake in Bangkok, and breaking his spine after a fall during training exercise.
• Cabin crew adventures and misadventures in and out of that smart uniform in far flung places.
• And, most importantly, lots of celebrity gossip. Katy Perry, Lily Allen, Kylie Minogue, Venus Williams and Cate Blanchett are all in the galley having a gossip with Owen.
Confessions of a Qantas Flight Attendant is a hilariously bumpy ride around the world with a very funny man.