Nautilus Resort, Rarotonga07/07/2014
Welcome to the unimagined cool luxury of Cook Island’s pure beachfront. Located on the South Pacific’s crystalline sands of Muri Beach, is Rarotonga’s newest small luxury resort – Nautilus Resort.
Opening for guests on 01 October 2014 are the first 16 of 38 Polynesian inspired luxuriously appointed private hotel suites and 2 and 3 bedroom Ares (villas) each with their own salt water plunge pool, traditionally constructed buildings and contemporary, but island inspired luscious-tropical interiors.
Just 20 minutes by road from Rarotonga’s international airport, Nautilus will offer a fresh new experience to the Cook Islands luxury full service resort offerings. Redefining laid back luxury, and created for resort or exclusive use, Nautilus is ideal for families, couples, celebratory parties and wedding gatherings.
Nautilus is dedicated to those who want a modern yet authentic South Pacific experience. All dining options offer views over the infinity pool to white sand beaches and sapphire ocean waters. Choose from the resorts exclusive beachfront restaurant or the beachside patios casual dining area (which is already open and receiving excellent reviews), celebratory marquees, private celebratory or meeting dining quarters or personal room or beach service. Showcasing Polynesian signature tastes, the cuisine is Polynesian – European fusion, using local seasonal ingredients and produce, with of course an emphasis on organic fresh produce and harvest from the sea.
All Ares (villas) are fully air-conditioned, have sculptured private baths and use aromatic natural toiletries. The resort has been architecturally designed and built with ecological authenticity. Solar power, UV treated and filtered drinking water, full recycling systems and edible organic gardens make this the most forward thinking luxury eco build in the Cook Islands to date.
And of course there is a full concierge service and some very surprising experiences uniquely designed for Nautilus guests within resort and local activities. Guests also enjoy a dedicated Polynesian spa and ‘Kids Concierge’ – all on site.
Rates start from $650.00 per couple per night (incl GST) with attractive promotional offers available. All rates include a tropical breakfast, fresh fruit and a bottle of New Zealand Nautilus wine upon arrival.
Accommodation is in villas spread over one single level, each built and furnished to elegant luxury standards. Choose between two and three bedroom villas with ensuites, full kitchen, eating area (light tropical breakfast provided daily in restaurant) and private plunge pool, lounge and dining terrace, or the junior suite, with king bed, ensuite and kitchenette. Your choice of absolute beachfront or garden views.
• ‘Our locals’ in authentic sharing of Cook Island song and dance, far from consumerism.
• Take a guided tour or free-walk into the indigenous forest of Rarotonga, or a mountain safari to see the spectacular panoramic vistas. Take a dip in a tropical rock pool and waterfall, and view native wild flowers and fruits.
• Experience one of nature’s unique happenings, the spectacle of migrating whales from the cooler waters of the Antarctica to the Cook Islands, in mating and calving season – June to October.
• The Avarua town markets where locals trade for fresh fruit, fish, vegetables, delicious local dishes and traditional handicrafts.
• Try your hand at Game Fishing: Tuna, Marlin, Mahi Mahi and Wahoo – have the Nautilus chef prepare your catch
• Snorkel the Muri Lagoon in the calm waters directly in front of your villa
• A private indigenous food and medicinal plant safari with the Nautilus guide into local tropical forest and plantations. Learn how the locals cook and prepare with Cook Islands indigenous vegetables, fruits and herbs; Breadfruit, Papaya, Sour sop, Banana, Taro, Mango and fresh coconut. Discover medicinal plants, unique tropical flora and fauna.