A-Lister Luxury Break, Tenerife15/07/2014
With more five-star hotels than Barcelona, and more four and five star properties combined than any other destination in Spain, Michelin-starred dining, world class golf courses and spa resorts, there is no doubt Tenerife has evolved into a chic and fashionable destination, fit for Hollywood royalty.
Here are ten ways visitors can holiday like a Hollywood A-lister in Tenerife:
1) Take private transfers, travel and tour around the island by limousine or luxury car ensuring a smooth and seamless holiday from the moment guests land.
2) Enjoy the island’s natural beauty by helicopter, private yacht or catamaran.
- From the air, the kaleidoscope of landscapes can be fully appreciated, from the lunar-like volcanic expanse of Teide National Park to the lush laurel forests of Teno and Anaga Rural Parks.
- By sea, travellers can journey to the coves of Masca, La Caleta and Los Gigantes, go whale and dolphin watching or get up close to nature with snorkelling trips to swim with the native Loggerhead turtles.
3) Check-in at one of the world class hotels and resorts in the less frequented areas of Costa Adeje and Guia de Isora that boast beautifully manicured gardens, tropical plantation, luxuriously appointed rooms, salt and fresh water pools, golf courses and spas, plus wide range of dining options.
4) Seek out a smaller luxury boutique hotel for an authentic island experience, in lesser known northern regions – head to Garachico and Puerto de la Cruz for some luxury hidden gems.
5) Book an exclusive villa available in several of the five-star resorts, which offer maximum comfort and privacy, with 24-hour butler service and complementary services such as separate reception areas and private pools.
6) Eat out at one of the Michelin starred restaurants found along the south coast or head to the cosmopolitan capital Santa Cruz or many of the island’s pretty towns and fishing villages to sample fresh seafood and more rustic Canarian specials.
7) Shop in designer outlets in Costa Adeje or head to the capital Santa Cruz or La Laguna for some unique boutique buys.
8) Enjoy a cocktail in one of Tenerife’s cool lounge bars and nightclubs – for a more local yet lively vibe visitors should head to ex-capital La Laguna while the Costa Adeje nightlife scene is where world class DJ’s, live bands and comedy acts can be found.
9) Go stargazing and book a Champagne evening excursion to Teide National Park which offers a rare opportunity to see the Milky Way, nebulas, planets and shooting stars.
10) Revive the senses with an invigorating dip in a natural salt pool – many can be found along the coastline of Puerto de la Cruz or Garachico.
Such is the demand for bespoke holiday experiences on the island that Tenerife Tourism Corporation has for the past three years been running “Tenerife Select”, a brand which encompasses a portfolio of selected hotels and companies which guarantees visitors exclusively and exceptional service.
More info HERE