Paris for kids09/02/2017
The experts from leading French tour company Paris On The Way have put together a list of the top five fun-filled activities for Kiwi kids coming to Paris this winter. So pull on your woollies, wrap up snug and enjoy:
1. The Champs-Elysées Christmas Village – 160 authentic chalets (made in Vosges) line the Champs-Elysées, with a giant Ferris Wheel in Place de la Concorde and a charming ice rink. Kids can also enjoy a real festive treat at the Christmas grotto-esque markets – the twinkling fairy lights create a magical ambience.
2. Explore and keep warm in the world’s best museums – Paris On The Way offers France’s best educational ‘scavenger hunts’ in the Musée d’Orsay and the Louvre. Each hunt comes complete with an enthralling workbook for the kids which helps them to learn as they have fun discovering Parisian treasures.
3. Parisian department store Christmas windows – Paris On The Way recommends Printemps (64 Boulevard Haussman, 75009), Galeries Lafayette (40 Boulevard Haussmann, 75009), Bon Marché Rive Gauche (24 rue de Sevres, 75007) and BHV Marais (52 rue de Rivoli, 75004).
4. Go swimming – yes, even in winter! Check out the huge water resort called the AquaBoulevard (4-6 rue Louis Armand, 75015 Paris). It’s the biggest urban water park in Europe with eleven giant water slides, lazy rivers, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, thousands of metres of beach and much more!
5. Explore Montmartre – rug up and take the kids to Village de Noël de Montmartre – In front of Sacré Cœur Basilica: 10am-8:30pm (Monday-Friday, December through to early January), 10am-8pm (Saturday and Sunday).
It is worth remembering too that Paris is actually quite unusual in that it doesn’t close down at Christmas. You can still use public transport on Christmas Day as well as eat in many of the restaurants, got to cafes, the movies and there are even some key attractions that remain open – such as museums.
Paris On the Way delivers the best guided activities for Kiwi families visiting Paris this Christmas. Not your typical tour guide company, Paris On The Way is fully endorsed by the French Ministry for Culture, and delivers tours that are heart-felt, memorable and bespoke…combining French savoir faire with true joie de vivre.
Paris On the Way is offering all New Zealand media visiting France in 2016/2017 a complimentary tour. Take a look at their full range of tours – http://www.parisontheway.com/- and let us know what takes your fancy!